Wednesday 19th March 2014
Duration: 2 hours
Terminating injured and chronically ill employees is a difficult process which can be demoralising for all concerned if not handled adroitly. This presentation focuses on the approach HR managers should take in implementing these issues, including:
- It’s not about Performance management
- Determining the inherent requirements of the job
- Does the employee have the capacity to carry out the work?
- What medical evidence is required?
- Employee rights to review medical evidence and submit own
- Ensuring that termination process does not amount to bullying
- Handling employee complaints during the termination process
- Role of line managers and HR professionals in the process
This webinar is suitable for: Employment lawyers, personal injury lawyers and HR professionals – Australia wide
PRESENTED BY: Trent Forno, Partner, Minter Ellison Lawyers, Brisbane
Trent Forno is in Minter Ellison's Human Resources & Industrial Relations Division. He has significant experience in all areas of employment law in both the public and private sectors and is regarded for his technical skills and commercial acumen.
Trent practises in a variety of industry sectors, including retail, energy and resources, banking and finance, government, manufacturing and construction.
As a leader of our Management of Injured Workers practice in Queensland, Trent is recognised as a leading workers' compensation and self-insurance lawyer who focuses on providing an integrated solution to a claim which incorporates any considerations surrounding the workers' ongoing employment.
© 2014 Television Education Network Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. The program for this webinar is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.
© Television Education Network Pty Ltd 2020