Thursday 12th February 2015
Approx. 1.5 hours
Perhaps the biggest valuation problem faced by auditors is the valuation of unlisted entities. How do you value units in an unlisted unit trust? What reliance can you place on the accounts of the trust, audited or unaudited? This presentation reviews the practical problems faced by auditors in this situation and how to address them, including:
- One audit or two? Audit scope and the need to verify the value of the units
- The fund valuation requirement vs unit trust accounts – current market value vs historical cost
- Valuing the units themselves or deducing the value from the value of the underlying assets
- Unit trust owning and uncompleted property development – determining market value
- Reliance on third party accounts
- Audit evidence for valuation of unlisted entities
This webinar is suitable for SMSF Auditors Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
PRESENTED BY: Sharlene Anderson, Director, Veritas Corporation
Sharlene is a Registered Company Auditor with significant experience auditing across various legislative frameworks including SMSFs.
Sharlene often acts as the appointed representative for various professional bodies in relation to SMSF regulation and practice, providing consultation to stakeholders and regulators including the ATO and ASIC.
Sharlene is also a quality assurance reviewer and is a regular presenter at the Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia and Television Education Network conferences around Australia.
© 2015 Television Education Network Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. The program for this webinar is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.
© Television Education Network Pty Ltd 2021