About the webinar
It’s important for any charity or NFP to periodically review its structure to ensure it’s appropriate for its purposes. Structural health checks are also vital to ensure that you’re receiving the tax concessions you are entitled to. This session will examine the pros and cons, including initial and ongoing costs, of each type of structure. It will cover:
- Structuring options for charities and NFPs – understanding what is available and the advantages and disadvantages of each structure:
- companies limited by guarantee
- incorporated associations
- charitable trusts
- Understanding which activities are suited to which structure
- The scope and definition of activities – refining the focus of your activities and avoiding the broad motherhood purpose
Who should attend
This webinar is suitable for accountants and lawyers advising not for profits – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Bill d’Apice, Partner, Makinson d’Apice, Sydney
Bill is an experienced lawyer with expertise in property law, commercial law and the law relating to not-for-profit groups.
He brings clients the benefit of insights drawn from decades of legal service to charities and other not-for-profit organisations across many aspects of their activities, including structuring, tax exemptions and endorsements.
He is a co-author of the Church Administration Handbook.
Bill is a principal legal advisor to the Australian Catholic Bishops' Conference, various Catholic Archdioceses and Dioceses and many religious congregations. He advises many other charities and not-for-profit organisations. He is immediate past Chairman of the Board of Directors of Catholic Church Insurances Ltd and serves on a number of boards of public companies, private companies and charities.