PART 1: NSW Conveyancing Law and Procedure: Recent Developments and Reforms
It’s never a dull moment in the world of conveyancing. This wrap-up session examines the key challenges in conveyancing law and procedure over the last 12 months, including:
· E-conveyancing and electronic execution of documents – where are we up to?
· What risks arise over interoperability now that 100% lodgement applies?
· Rule changes to contracting, witnessing and other conveyancing procedures
· Review of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000
· The proposed Property Tax
· Case update, including SPIC Pacific Hydro v Chief Commissioner of State Revenue (NSW) 2021; Alexakis v Wan  NSWSC 367
PART 2: Community Title and Strata Schemes: Practical Changes in the Spotlight
This session looks at the legislative changes impacting community title and strata schemes and how these reforms are playing out in practice. It covers:
· New community title legislation – what are the changes and their effects
· Alignment of community with strata schemes – how will this work?
· New democratic governance arrangements
· What are the associated regulations and their effects?
· Issues emerging from the Ministerial review of the Strata Acts (SSMA s276; SSDA s204)
· Inspection by building consultants who report on defects – what does this mean?
· Time frames to rectify defects
· Obligation of bond payment at time of development consent
· If defects not rectified can owner’s corporation use bond?
· Strata schemes inspection panel – where does this fit in?
· Case study - Enforceability of strata bylaws under the changes